Aw, thanks for asking. The Storm Cellar is a locally owned and independently operated consignment clothing store, opened in November of 2009. (We also carry some sweet home decor and gift items too.)
We’re aware that some people aren’t familiar with the idea of consignment, so let us warn you: it’s addictive! In a nutshell: bring in your gently used name brand clothing – we’ll sell it, and you’ll make money!
It’s also really easy. Schedule an appointment to pop in and set up an account and drop things off.
And last, it’s a simple and productive way to reuse and refresh consumer goods on the Palouse. Need to make money? Need to save money? The Storm Cellar will help you do both. We look forward to seeing you!
All the best,
Austin & Laura Storm
Bring In Your Clothes!
Do you have some great items in your closet that you just haven’t worn in a while? Instead of getting rid of them, bring them in to the Storm Cellar and make some money!
You can schedule an appointment to bring clothing in during store hours. If it’s your first visit, we’ll set up an account for you – it takes less than five minutes.
- Avoid items with holes, stains, rips, or piling
- Launder clothing
- To avoid wrinkling, fold items directly out of the dryer
- Use a lint brush for clothing with dust or animal hair
- Check pockets
- Bring in-season clothing (shorts in summer, coats in fall)
- Bring in-style clothing (purchased within the last two years) or vintage items that can be incorporated into contemporary dress
- Wedding Dresses
- Prom Dresses & Formals
- Children’s Clothing & Maternity
- Linens / Bedding
- Appliances (or most things that plug in or require batteries)
- Sports Equipment
Occasionally, when we have the space, we take furniture. Please email us a picture first, and we will let you know if we can take your furniture item. You can email: email@example.com. (We don’t want you hauling your sofa down only to have us say we don’t have room!)
If we can’t take your item we will be glad to refer you to one of the other resale furniture stores in the area.